First Steps on our Journey to Inspire Change
Tailored Brands Team,
Over this past week, your senior leadership team and I have been engaging in conversations across our Company to gain a deeper understanding of i) how our employees are feeling about the persistence of anti-black racial injustices in the U.S. and ii) how we as a Company will stand with the Black community against racism.
I have been reading your messages and have spoken with many of you directly about the role our Company should play to bring about real change. Thank you for courageously and vulnerably expressing your ideas. I am profoundly moved, and I’m grateful for what you have taught me. YOU are making a difference.
Diversity makes us stronger and racism tears us apart. These truths and our Company values provide an unambiguous guide to what we must do. We will:
- Publicly acknowledge to our employees, customers, shareholders and communities that:
- the problem of racism exists;
- the persistent and inhumane use of force against the Black community is unacceptable;
- Black lives matter; and
- we have an obligation as a corporation and as individuals to bring about change.
- Close business down for one hour on Monday, June 8, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. CDT to stand with those who are memorializing George Floyd at his public service in Houston.
- There will be no business meetings, work-related phone calls, emails or text messages during this hour.
- Leaders from stores and distribution centers will provide details on how this will be executed in their locations.
- During this time, I’d like each of us to reflect on recent events and how our Company can be an agent for change.
- Engage in deep listening – we are committed to keeping this dialogue going with our nearly 20,000 employees and our local communities.
- Make a long-term commitment to fundamental change, starting internally and extending to the community.
These immediate actions are important first steps on our journey. In the coming weeks, my senior leadership team and I will be asking more, listening more and engaging our teams to help design actionable plans to do more – we will Inspire the Change and Own It Together.
President & CEO